VEGAN ICE CREAM PRALINES
with banana, peanut butter and chocolate
This is the best thing that ever happened to me EVER!
Ok I could be overreacting a tiny bit.
But it surely is the best thing that happened to me this week (and I've had a pretty good week so far)!
The titel says it all actually, it really is just banana, peanut butter and melted chocolate that you put on top of each other and freeze! That's all..
But it is pure genius!!!!!
And so addictive!!
And they look so cute!!
OK I have to calm down on the exclamation mark department but I am just so excited about these!! (last ones, promise!)
So if you are a long time reader (hahahaha, mom?) you may remember my banana bread post where I tell you the story of how I used to hate bananas and everyone who ate them but then eventually learned to eat them frozen, like tiny ice creams.
This is the same thing but next level.
They are also a healthy-ish alternative to regular ice cream.
I've found a lot of vegan ice cream but they are always awfully expensive and have an absurd amount of agave nectar and weird ingredients.
I know Ben&Jerry's and alpro released a vegan ice cream but they are honestly so full of crap I'd rather pass on them.
But these little pralines are without any added sugars and have super cheap ingredients.
If you use good quality dark chocolate, there normally isn't too much sugar added. I find I have trouble digesting chocolate purely when it has sugar listed in the first few ingredients.
There is also no need to use overripe banana's although the riper they are the sweeter they taste but the harder they will be to digest and the less fibre they will contain.
You could hardly overeat on these, after the second one you will be totally full and you will have tamed your desert cravings for a while.
I sugest you make a whole bunch for the summer as they keep for a few months in the freezer.
- 3 bananas
- one tablet of good quality dark chocolate
- peanut butter or any other kind of nut butter
- some toothpicks
- chopped nuts (I used pistachios)
- shredded coconut
1. Start by melting your chocolate au bain marie. To do this you place a bowl on top of a pan with some water in. Bring the water to a boil and place the chocolate in the bowl. Stirr frequently untill melted and set aside.
2. After the chocolate is melted start by peeling the bananas and cutting them in slices ( 2cm thick).
3. Take a slice and put a layer of peanut butter on top of it, pierce the toothpick in the center.
Repeat the slice taking and peanut butter layering and put that on top of the other slice, through the toothpick.
4.Continue doing this, putting two slices of banana + peanut butter on top of each other untill all the banana is used.
5. Take a banana pile by the end of the toothpick and dip into the melted chocolate, use a teaspoon to help spread the chocolate evenly.
6. Place on a wooden board and repeat untill they are all coated.
7. Place in the freezer.